VCS Group is one of the Government Authorized Training Partner and Training Centre for implementing NDLM scheme in the states of Punjab, Chandigarh, Jammu & Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
The Motive on National Digital Literacy Mission is Making one person in every family digitally literate is one of the integral components of the Prime Minister’s vision of a ‘Digital India’. National Digital Literacy Mission (NDLM) or Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (DISHA) envisages provision of digital literacy training to 52.5 Lakh persons, one in every eligible household of the country. Anganwadi workers, ASHA workers and authorized ration dealers have also been included in this scheme.
Training Process, a two step process
- Registration – Eligible beneficiaries will be registered on an online portal by the training centres.
- Training – The registered beneficiaries will be provided a unique Username and Password for online training where besides basic level IT Literacy, the trainees will also be trained to effectively interact with the Govt. System and access G2C & B2C services.
Eligibility Criteria for Exam Enrolment
- Eligibility : Non-IT literate – Illiterate
- Age: 14 to 60 years
- Course Duration: 20 Hours (Minimum 10 Days and Maximum 30 Days)
- Medium of Instruction: Official Languages of India
- Fee: For SC/ ST/ BPL Households, no training fee payable and for General candidates, course fee of Rs. 125 applicable.
- Place of Learning: The eligible households can nominate one person from their family. The selected person to get himself enrolled under this programme in a nearest Training Centre/ Common Service Center (CSC).
- Evaluation: Independent external evaluation will be conducted by a National level certifying agency like NIELIT, NIOS, IGNOU, HKCL ,ICTACT etc.